Saturday, February 4, 2012

When I Teach I Learn

It only takes a minute to sign up for a free webinar, or register to take part in a networking event. In so doing, the result can be similar to opening pandora's box, a vast wealth of learning might await you revealing endless possibilities.  I, too am learning as I conduct this bonding education program through the DOT, that's the Department of Transportation partnered with the Small Business Transportation Resource Center here in NYC.  Over the course of several weekends what I have come to understand is that having access to new information and resources can indeed be powerful. The participants in the bonding program have, without candor expressed to me that the information which I am conveying is life changing. One student wrote to me in an email saying "your presentation was very thought provoking; it made me think all weekend about my company."  It's been a couple of months since I facilitated a workshop and it was a different crowd, new start-ups.  This present group of participants, they are a bit more seasoned, with more skin in the game. Perhaps they are more hungry, and perhaps that's the big difference between this group and the start-ups who I presented to previously.  No matter,  since what I've learned, what I've gained from teaching is this, exposing one's self to knew information and new ways of doing things and thinking about things is vital to an entrepreneur's success.

No comments:

Post a Comment